Holiday DIY

Roman Blinds

My creative pursuits, and particularly recording them on my blog have suffered this year! I’m working full time as a Grade 3 teacher, and although it is very rewarding, there isn’t a lot of time left for crafty things.

However, with teaching come ‘holidays’. (Which is really just lesson planning time!) Last holidays, I was struck by inspiration and a sudden need to make myself bedroom blinds. I have needed new ones for years, and just never quite got around to organising it. After some perusing on Pinterest, I found Jen Duncan’s brilliant post and it gave me the confidence that I could do it!

I spontaneously bought my material (without having measured my window… Oops. At least I over bought rather than underbuying!) and got to work.

5 metres of fabric

5 metres of fabric goodness

matched seams

First time at matching patterns along the seam

Jen recommended adding an extra cord down the middle for a particularly wide window. I realised mine was even much larger than that, so I added two down the middle, making 4 in total. It meant that I could tie the ends together and have two continuous loops, and it holds its shape much better!

 

Advertisements

Leave some love behind...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s